Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The SDDL string contains an invalid sid or a sid that cannot be translated SharePoint 2013



Here is the one more issue with the installation of SharePoint 2013.

The SDDL string contains an invalid sid or a sid that cannot be translated

When you run with sharepoint 2013 installation majorly you will get with 2 issues.

1. Service running under Network Service account in workgroup environment is not supported

Solution for this is explained in the preious post you can find it here

2. The SDDL string contains an invalid sid or a sid that cannot be translated

Solution this is :

To fix this error, login with your Administrator account and create a search service user and add them to the WSS_ADMIN_WPG group.

To do this :

1. Open SharePoint 2013 PowerShell

2. Paste the below code

$SearchServ = Get-Credential [Your Search Account]

New-SPManagedAccount -Credential $SearchServ 


After executing these steps you need to do one more thing.

Go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server" in your server and find the

folder that starts with "Analytics" this looks something like Analytics_GUID

NOTE: If you find multiple Analytics folder choose the latest one.

Right click properties on the folder -> Sharing -> Advanced Sharing

Check the Share this folder check box and leave the name alone and click on permissions..

Here leave the Everyone as Read only ( Default )

Then Add the Search Service Account user you created and give Full Control

Then Add WSS_ADMIN_WPG group and give the Full control for this also.

3. After this try running the configuration wizard it will run seccuesfully..

Njoy SharePoint 2013

Thank you !!

21 comments:

  1. Hi,
    thank you for this post - it seemed to work fine, but at the end the C A did not start....

    Any idea?

    Cheers
    Matthias

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't work for me. Same error everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't work for me. Seeing the same error every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small update in the post... Added one moret step to fix the issue and please let me know if this update doesn't fix for anyone....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, it worked out for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This worked for me. I'm going to link your post on my blog and tweet it for visibility.

    I was installing on the SQL Server Enterprise 2012 Azure VM image when I got this error.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its not worked for me. The Analytics_{guid} folder getting generated each time the creation of search service application called. I am using standalone server without any AD and I am using windows administrator account as SPManaged account. Also i have shared the analytcs folder with 'WSS_Admin_WPG' group with full control(even tried full control to Everyone group), still facing the same issue. Is any thing is missed from my side?
    Your advice will help me a lot, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really fells happy to see this blog. very good information about share Point development services.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to install SharePoint Foundation 2013 that I've downloaded yesterday. After hours of searching for the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers" folder, I found the same folder but with different name, which was "C:\Program Files\Windows Office Servers".

    I've done the same steps and it worked for me.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the post. Worked for me. Only the Analytics folder was in this path: C:\Program Files\Windows SharePoint Services\15.0\Data

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its not worked for me. The Analytics_{guid} folder getting generated each time the creation of search service application called. I'm using complete install without AD account. anyone can help me ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I created a Powershell script to do the Creation of user and Adding it to the group WSS_ADMIN_WPG ..

    Here is it .

    $mycomp=(hostname)
    $cn = [ADSI]"WinNT://$mycomp"
    $user = $cn.Create("User","searchservice")

    $user.SetPassword("whateveryouwant")

    $user.setinfo()

    $user.description = "Test user"

    $user.SetInfo()

    $group = [ADSI]"WinNT://$mycomp/WSS_ADMIN_WPG"
    $group.Add("WinNT://$mycomp/searchservice,user")



    Ref. http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2014/10/03/adding-local-users-to-local-groups.aspx

    Ref. http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2014/10/01/use-powershell-to-create-local-users.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You saved a day in my life brother. Thanks a ton....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, that worked on my environment too.

    ReplyDelete